Friday, December 29, 2006

Post holidays



Yes, I know - they aren't quite over yet! We still have New Years to get through. But I have already started to feel a bit of the post holiday blues creeping around. So, in an attempt to straighten that out...it's time to redirect the energy.

First of all. I no longer make resolutions. I always felt guilty for not keeping them. I don't keep them because I am not realistic when making them and on and on it goes. So, now as I begin my 5th decade on this earth, I have decided to select opportunities for the new year. Rather than focus on ways to improve, I am focusing on ways to enjoy my life more. I want to identify simple inexpensive things I can do that I haven't done already that will bring more joy and inner peace in my life.

A small insert here - I cannot take credit for thinking of this. I received a book from my friend Elaine at Christmas (ARGH! I can't remember the name of it) talking about creating peace on earth and how to create peace within ourselves. So I have taken to heart its theme about slowing down, being kind to ones self, and striving to create inner peace within. They suggest writing down simple things that cause joy and I thought it would be a great way to start a new year!

Here's some of my thoughts.
1. Walk in the woods at Ft Harrison state park weekly. It's only a stones throw from my house. I feel renewed in the woods.
2. Work on my stitching more. Not the most Butch of activities but one I truly love to do. Gets me in touch with my femmy side - lol.
3. Visit all the Birding Sites in Indiana. I've lived here all my life and still have not seen most of them.
4. Take a small vacation to Mammoth Cave. Kat has never been there and I haven't been since I was in college. Only a 4 hour drive!
5. Have sex at least twice per week! LOL! OK, this one might not be so easy, but it sure would bring joy to my life. :-)

More to come, but that's a really good start for me.

No comments: