Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's a Wonderful Butch Femme Life !


Had a really funny dream...the setting was a town like Bedford Falls like in the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life". (My all time favorite movie, I might add) Anyway, my mind reconfigured the town into a Butch Femme city. Everyone on the streets was a Butch or a Femme - and the small town spirit and friendliness was there among everyone. It was snowing, just like in the movies opening, and I was coming out of the dime store where I had just finished some last minute Xmas shopping for my sweetie!
Not much else really occurred after this...at least not that I can remember. I woke up soon after this. But when I was stumbling to the bathroom to pee, I had a smile on my face and it made me think.....what if?
What if there really was a community like this? A safe and completely accepted space for all us Butches and Femmes to live and call home.I don't know...maybe this is what heaven is like for me!
One can certainly dream.....

1 comment:

dguzman said...

That is a wild dream! I have always wanted to live in a town of only lesbians and gay men--whether butch, femme, or in-between. It would be the best place in the world!