Monday, November 20, 2006

Love for the Butch Femme Dynamic

Do people still embrace the dance....

The special celebration between a butch and a femme. The unique intimacy that is created when a real butch loves a true femme.

I see so many andro dykes out there laying claim to the term "butch" that are really just on the masculine side of life from an appearance standpoint. But do they know what it is really like to be a butch? The special bond that occurs in a real butch-femme relationship. Do they take the time to understand what makes a femme tick - what makes a femme a femme besides the outward appearance and the sexual connotations?

And do the femmes try to understand and celebrate the part of their butch that is unique - that defines Butch as a separate, splendid gender? Do they know how special they are to a true butch? Do they love a butch with a special part of themselves that can only be released by the sharing of the butch femme dynamic?

1 comment:

RetroChrome said...

Hi Birdbutch,

Thanks for your thoughts on my blog. It was part of a discussion I've been part of on a forum.

It's interesting, because I *know* it's not about gender roles, yet that was my first experience of them, being acted out around me when I first came out. Maybe it was the group with which I was associated or maybe it was my perception.

I clearly recall being with a group of dykes and hearing remarks made towards a couple, "Well, the butch is cooking! What's going on?" It was said in jest, yet underneath it was the reinforcing of the misperception that butch and femme are gender roles, based on behavior or proclivity towards an activity or temperament.

Anyway, the discussion on the forum has given me a lot to ponder. What were my early associations with b/f? What are they now?